How to fit ironmongery to internal door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi changing my doors and would like to try and fit them myself, they are just the cheap £21 6 panel ones and I am looking for help or a link to how to fit the hinges and handles
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I use a router because I can't be bothered to buy a special trimmer tool. (OK OK, a real joiner could do the whole thing with just a chisel, but life's too short!)

I fitted 8 to our house, chiselled all the hinge rebates.

Ex council house so none of frames were square. It was a right job!.

Just take your time..

What tools have you got would be the first question, and what experience of doing carpentry would be the second.

Sponsored Links
Do you use a small hand router gerry, or a half inch size. I've been wondering about getting one of the Katsu palm routers, although the Dewalts are more adjustable, but a damn site more expensive.

Hi plumber to trade, have a set of sharp chisels and full dewalt power tool set and brother has router if needed,currently renewing ogee facings and skirtings in my ex council house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back