How to fit this wall mounted bath spout?

Thanks bobasd. The diagram / instructions were relatively poor. The instructions were so generic that they talked about making a good seal between the tap and the bath. Certainly no tolerances mentioned.

It's a standalone thing. Just two valves and the spout, though I don't particularly have an issue building the reuiqred pipework. The shower will come off the same pipework, just higher up in the wall, but it's the same design as I fitted in my old bathroom (and as you described) with in-built compression fittings onto 15mm copper stubs left sticking out the wall. So a complete breeze in comparison and a spout like that does sound like a really good option.

I guess I'm struggling to understand the benefit of it being designed like that. I get that it can be done, but with a whole house to renovate I'm looking for wasy to de-risk/simplify/speed up everything as much as possible and it just seems like a design like you described is just more efficient.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back