How to fix damaged external corners on walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the top of some stairs, I have a wall on which the external corner has been chipped and damaged, probably caused by furniture banging against it during delivery and removals over the years. I could put on a metal corner strip to repair and protect the edge from future damage, but then I'd really need to replaster the wall and it's just the edge. Any ideas? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
How big an area are you talking about, if its not to big & you are like me not good at plastering, you can use polyfilla, build it up.
Hold a piece of wood on one side plaster up to that, let it dry then plaster the other side, rub down if necessary

Well, yes, I could probably get away with wood-against-the-wall plus polyfilla. I just wondered if there was something a bit more robust, but not as thick as the metal strip. (And no, I'm not good at plastering :LOL: )

Sponsored Links
Hi - i am also wondering about this. I have a corner that has been chipped, and its plaster that has been covered in paper. I'm wondering if there is some sort of tape you can buy to reinforce the corner and paint over it?

thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back