How to fix reed screening to a fence ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have some reed screening and need to fix it to a fence but everything Ive tried hasnt worked.

Ive tried electric stapler and U shaped nails

I think my main problem is I cant get to the other side of the fence to hold it firm.... its not possible to get there and the reason im putting ( or not) up the screen is to stop my neighbour bothering me all the time.

I cant step out into my garden without her interfering. Its got so I dont want to go out there even though a garden is something ive wanted all my life.

Can anyone think of anything that might help me fix the screening up?

Thank you:)

Sponsored Links
Yep can't go wrong with screws and washers , go with this sort of thing -
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M5-X-20-m..._Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&hash=item2a12423059
maybe not the prettiest thing in the world but they will outlast your fence

Wonderful Thank you :) would those be about the right size holes do you know? Thing is I have dyslexia with numbers (dyscalculia) and can not get my head around size-ings the screws i would have are thin, short-ish although im not going to worry to much if they are to long as there is about a foot between my fence and her wire thing. so dont mater if its poking out a bit.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
The washers in that link are commonly used , I have some in my van nearly all the time, and will take screws from an 8 guage to a 12 guage. Ideally use a stainless screw of the appropreate lenght with a round rather than a countersunk head as it will look better and it's good not to mix metals. If you're on a budget screws and washers are also available in bright zinc plate.

The washers in that link are commonly used , I have some in my van nearly all the time, and will take screws from an 8 guage to a 12 guage. Ideally use a stainless screw of the appropreate lenght with a round rather than a countersunk head as it will look better and it's good not to mix metals. If you're on a budget screws and washers are also available in bright zinc plate.

Thank you, I think I will look in the shops as then I can see by eye what I cant see with sizes.

Yay soon have my garden nice and private :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back