How to fix this gap in vinyl floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just got LVT in my bathrooms. I wanted it to be neat with no sealant so got a plumber to remove toilet and basin pedestal so that the floor can go underneath. However, my floor fitter has done a terrible job behind the basin and this is visible. See photos.

Looking for ideas to fix/ cover this. I was thinking of getting a new pedestal which will go up to the wall but don't know if this is possible.

Attachments

• 20210419_192637.jpg
    20210419_192637.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 20210419_192618.jpg
    20210419_192618.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 20210419_192625.jpg
    20210419_192625.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 158
Sponsored Links
Half a round pipe the width of the gap in the back of the pedestal?

Tell him to come back me change the tile the cowboy. I hope you didn’t pay him.

Tell him to come back me change the tile the cowboy. I hope you didn’t pay him.

I know it's so shoddy. I would get him to re-do the tile but it would mean getting the plumber to take the basin out again and it cost me almost £100 just for the plumber to do that.

Unfortunately it was my husband who was home at the time who just accepted his word that it's the best he could do, and if we put sealant on it then it will look fine. I wouldn't have let him get away with it.

Sponsored Links
Heat the tile up and cut around the toilet and take it out. Then do a template of a new tile and refit it. Then small bead of silicone around the toilet and pipe.

Do you have any spare material?
Could you cut a slightly larger patch then cut the existing floor to fit the new patch?
When we had a new floor fitted at work, the fitter used a hot iron with a shoe and a colour matched coil of stuff. Effectively it was welded in.
It's the sort of job a fitter could do at the end of a day or a Saturday

Thanks all. Vanity unit may be the way to go. This floor fitter is not getting a good review!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back