How to get plastic barrier pipe to TRV from chase?

D

D.I.Y-SI

I'm renovating a 60's bungalow and I'm installing most of the central heating myself (not the gas bits). I'm using Jonh guest PB pipe and fittings. I intend to chase the pipes in the walls down to the rads as the property as concrete floors. I can't workout how to get the barrier pipe to the TRV's without having a copper tail and burying a push fit fitting in the wall.
I was going to create a small cavity just after the copper tail to house the push fit fitting which would be enclosed and plastered over leaving it free from any interference. Is this acceptable?
Any help would be appriciated!

Sponsored Links
You can bring the pipes down centre of wall and use a pipe guide.

pipeguide.jpg

pipeguide1.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can bring the pipes down centre of wall and use a pipe guide.

pipeguide.jpg

pipeguide1.jpg

Thanks for that, that will be very useful for some of the other rads, however this rad is under a window and I have the chase going down one side. Any solution for this.

Don't be so awkward. :p

can't you bring the chase past window then under window seal bring chase back to centre of rad ?

Don't be so awkward. :p

can't you bring the chase past window then under window seal bring chase back to centre of rad ?

I didn't think the pipe would be that flexable but will give it a go as it sounds logical.

One other thing, how do i connect it to the TRV? Do i have a copper tail and a push fit behind rad or is there some way to connect the plastic pipe direct?

Thanks

I didn't think the pipe would be that flexable but will give it a go as it sounds logical.
if you do a swept channel rather than a right angle channel the pipe willbe ok.
One other thing, how do i connect it to the TRV? Do i have a copper tail and a push fit behind rad or is there some way to connect the plastic pipe direct?

you can get pushfit angled rad valves
or if using existing rad valves you can get the pushfit 90 angle on its own.
resizehh.jpg

As also shown above in the other post by gremlin16

I am installing exactly as shown in the pictures from seco services. Only difference is my pipes are coming from the ground up. Is it possible to mount the guide upside down and send the pipes 'up and over'?

Is there any advantage to fit stop valves and or drains in the lines?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back