how to get rid of your rubbish...

So, councils move to fortnightly collections in the interests of saving the planet and encounter all manner of dissent from the public.

What do they do ... They offer to put on additional collections ... At an additional cost ... Outrageous :LOL:

They could only get away with this in Britain.

MW

no they move to fortnightly collections to try to save money.

they change back so as not to lose votes.

councils do not give a stuff about saving the planet

Sponsored Links
theyactually have a guy coming round every now and again COUNTING the bags outside our houses, if you have more than 3 or are extra heavy they leave them behind!

this happened to me a cpl months back, someone else had actually put their bags with ours, saving the bin men time, they thought, so the bin men took away 3 bags no more, leaving behind 5 more, so after a few calls to local council, they agreed to pick up bags, at my expense and find out who put them there, i explained some were mine as the guys who put the extra bags there (to be helpful) had put them on top, so binmen had taken the top ones.

so in the end i had to take the bags to the local tip, not a problem you say? but the whole idea of them taking only 3 is that its making you recycle
but this case i had to use diesel to get to tip, taking bags they technically would have taken anyway if they hadnt been piled on top of each other, and just to take the **** i had a message on my answerphone when i returned from a council boss saying if I had recycled more i wouldnt have this problem.

i emailed them the whole sorry story and next week i got..... extra recycling bags........

banging head against wall is better than getting involved in council business.

The thought of Alison sprawled over the top of her wheelie bin has cheered me up no end :D

Glad to have brought a smile to your face on a Monday!! :LOL: :LOL:

I'd rather sprawl on the bonnet of a Ferrarri though........................ :confused:

Sponsored Links
I have an old car battery, I have tried but cannot get rid off
Any legal ideas please.

Does your local tip/recycling centre not take them? Ours does - they won't take bloody carrier bags, but they will take electrical appliances and batteries and tyres.

Or Halfords - got this off their website:

Every Halfords store is served by an approved waste disposal company and therefore acts as a car battery recycle centre. We will take your old car batteries for recycling. What's more, if you buy a new battery from us and give us your old one, we will give you a £2 gift voucher to spend in store. We can also fit your new battery for a small fee. Ask in your local store for more information about car batteries and recycling and do your bit for the planet. Use our convenient Store Locator to find the nearest store at which you can purchase new batteries and recycle your old ones..

The tip said not anymore, all the car places say only if I buy one.
If I knew when I brought one I would have done, but now it is too late and too far.
Its been in the garden 8 months now.
Thanks
I will try halfords , there is a big one nearby :D

Bad news Alison, got back this morning from the Ferrari dealer and he's completely sold out :(

I've got a MarkIII Blue Wheelie Recycle bin if you're interested? :D

Dunno for sure but it's got two handles to hold onto on the lid so it must be pretty fast

Sponsored Links
Back