How to hide toilet soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’m planning to sell my flat soon and want to spruce it up a bit for viewings.

When I moved in I had planned to renovate the bathroom completely and due to one thing or another I haven’t managed to.

I’ve now decided I want a bigger place so I’m going to sell.

The soil pipe on the toilet being exposed has always bothered me because it looks terrible. So looking for a cheap and simple solution to take the eye off it. Ideally a premade cover that I can fit easily (I’m not very handy). The bathroom work is shoddy at best - I suspect most of it was a DIY job. So I just want to make it look a bit better for prospective buyers, who I suspect would want to change the bathroom anyway.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• 15866E7A-0686-49CC-8F21-D9CF88D10BAC.jpeg
    15866E7A-0686-49CC-8F21-D9CF88D10BAC.jpeg
    173.2 KB · Views: 398
Sponsored Links
not sure where in country you are, my sons are both looking to buy - and given my youngest who is all ready to go - 3bed type properties no chain, its a sellers market, he has often viewed with 20-25 people booked into appointments , and turns into a bidding war - cash buyers offering £20K above value
so I would not do much , as already suggested, chances are as seen again recently , people tend to gut the place anyway.
few properties coming up in the areas he wants to purchase anyway - hence the interest
BUT
it depends on the market in your area

Sponsored Links
not sure where in country you are, my sons are both looking to buy - and given my youngest who is all ready to go - 3bed type properties no chain, its a sellers market, he has often viewed with 20-25 people booked into appointments , and turns into a bidding war - cash buyers offering £20K above value
so I would not do much , as already suggested, chances are as seen again recently , people tend to gut the place anyway.
few properties coming up in the areas he wants to purchase anyway - hence the interest
BUT
it depends on the market in your area

I’m in Glasgow, prices are nuts here. But I guess if I’m selling and buying then you get both ends of the stick haha. Yeah I’m not planning on doing much work to it, it’s mainly just little snags to smarten it up a bit for selling. Thanks for your advice

You might also want to squirt some expanding foam in the gaps around the soil pipe. Let it cure, cut it back and then put some lightweight filler over it (eg Red Devil) and then paint it at the same time as painting the soil pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back