Toilet problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to replace a bathroom, just at planning stage at the moment, can't get anyone out to have a look with Covid, but I'm not sure if the toilet I want can be fitted because current toilet soil pipe is fitted about 15cm off the wall. It is not close coupled? The cistern is against the wall but the toilet pan sits right out? Would really like a boxed in toilet, does anyone know if this is possible. Bathroom is on the ground floor. Thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm planning to replace a bathroom, just at planning stage at the moment, can't get anyone out to have a look with Covid, but I'm not sure if the toilet I want can be fitted because current toilet soil pipe is fitted about 15cm off the wall. Bathroom is on the ground floor. Thanks
If the soil pipe is vertical and sticking out of wall by 15cm then this can be altered and you only need to know the centre height of the pipe to choose the pan however if it is 15cm away from the wall and down through the floor then it depends on the style of pan you want.
Edit, Google bottom exit pans or post a link to the pan you have in mind.

Last edited:
The soil pipe comes up through the floor

Attachments

• 57F72E75-469A-4E45-A557-D7257208EF4E.jpeg
    57F72E75-469A-4E45-A557-D7257208EF4E.jpeg
    214.3 KB · Views: 125
You will very likely need to build out the wall,to bring it closer to the hole in the floor ,where the soil pipe is. To enable a " back to wall " type pan to be fitted.
You may possibly be able to use a cabinet ,to house cistern, and fit the pan upto it ,depends on the measurement from existing wall to front of hole in the floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back