Toilet relocation problem in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking to replace my current bathroom suite, but I'm a bit stumped by the toilet.

The bathroom is upstairs of a two floor flat. Currently the cistern is attached to the wall seperately and a pipe runs to the toilet itself which drains into what looks like a concrete pipe sticking up from the floor. The pipe is abbout 7" diameter. I am guessing this then drains into a shared soil stack of some description in the corner of the bathroom but it is all boxed in.

The centre of the this 'concrete'? pipe is 30cm from the external wall which is where my problem lies. All the toilets I have seen have the soil exiting about 15cm from the rear of the attached cistern which would be 15cm from the external wall.

How would I go about fitting a new toilet as I am assuming the pipe in floor cannot be moved, although I haven't took the floor up to investigate.

Cheers,

Ian

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I wanted to up load an image/drawing, but I can't find the Album! It was displayed last week. ... But I do have one.!

I wonder if following last week's problems this facility has been locked?

Hi,

Not sure this photo will show? This WC has the dimensions which would fit your situation.

The make is 'Laufen' 'Modern' and is German but sold in UK. It is a bit expensive. But what the heck, better than cost of moving a pipe or having a crappy looking bathroom.

There is an alternative from 'JIKA.' I believe it is also from Laufen, but is considerably cheaper! I have fitted this model.

Both models use a special connector which is listed on the web site. However, I found a 'Swan Neck' WC connector, available in UK plumbing merchants would suffice.

Come back to me if you need further info.
Regards
Alan

[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back