Cose coupled toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just finished trying to fit a new close coupled toilet.
The problem I have is that when I push the toilet towards the wall, before the cistern reaches the wall the bottom of the pan hits the upstand of the soil pipe, leaving a gap of 60mm between the cistern and the wall.
In this position the toilet outlet covers the top of the soil pipe.
If I couple the pan up to the soil pipe using a standard 90 degree connector, the gap between the cistern and the wall is 120mm.

There are no fixing holes in the back of the cistern, and the back surface is curved, not flat!

I don't really have a problem fitting it like that, but I am worried that the cistern might move and flood the new tiled floor, which I have spent a fortune and a lot of time doing.

Is it normal to have/fit a toilet in this way?
Model of toilet is "Icon" from better bathrooms.

Any help/ advice / reassurance, would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem in a downstairs WC in a rental, so I just built the wall out with studwork and fitted a bit of skirting board. Looked fine. Depends on the situation you have and also check the door will clear the pan.

If it is in a bathroom you may need to build out a box to create the infill perhaps put a shelf on top for one of those little knitted lady spare toilet roll covers to stand on :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back