How to I open an close this lock shield valve?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Today’s DIY project was replacing a radiator and valves in our guest room. All appeared to go to plan, repressurised the system and it all appears to be water tight.

Heating is now on and working. The new radiator isn’t getting warm. I wondered if the lock shield valve is closed. The valves I’ve used are Milano ‘Antique Style’ from BestHeating. On taking the cap off the valve, it has no pin to turn with pliers (like every other one I’ve ever seen.). The valve has an low profile brass nut with an external hex and an central hole with an internal thread. There are no details of how the valve functions on the BestHeating website or on the instructions that came with the valve.

I don’t want to mess with the nut in case I create a water feature. Please can someone tell me how to open or close this valve?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Usually that type of lockshield valve will have a screw you turn anti-clockwise to open valve.
It is normally a Allen screw, so just an Allen key needed, but some are a slotted screw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back