How To Identify UPVC Sliding Door? Unable To Adjust

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The house we bought had door & windows fitted by G&H Windows & Conservatories but they they unfortunately have gone bust and I am trying to identify who manufactured our door to find out how to adjust it. There are no adjustment screws on any of the corners but I need to adjust the slant as it is impossible to lock now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Photo's are here..

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNJKV7BqJckAD_s5g

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNCIK-ykum1rmZxWg

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNFnALyIWXc9rJwhA

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNI8nyKQoGgowJwRw

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNHhAPXTHiFTy88Gw

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNDpcHpElEbsnLx3Q

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNGi580v5fcWiasyQ

s!AjnJhtmhYMJlhsNE5OHClVw6ptOTCw

Sponsored Links
Have a look in the gap at the bottom where it sits on the rollers, usually there is an adjusting screw to raise or lower the rollers, if not there might be a plastic plug an inch or two above the bottom hole hiding a screw.
When adjusting get someone to lift the door slightly just enough to take the pressure off the roller it will be much easier to adjust that way. Hopefully it will be OK unless the roller has jambed and worn flat on one side.

Hi, many thanks for your reply, I have been looking for an adjusting screw and there is just nothing there at all, can you see in the pictures? there is just a void in that gap under the door, I have poked around and even used an endoscope but nothing :-S The door runs very smooth and is not that old or used much so hopefully nothing has worn

You should be able to see the wheels through the gap usually an adjustment of some kind on each wheel to level the door might be several inches in.

Sponsored Links
Sorry. not sure what you mean by slant. Does the door lock when it's open, as it could be a locking mechanism or lock issue. It looks as though the track could do with a clean, but if it's running smoothly, then there shouldn't be any crap in there that's affecting it.

Hi, by slant I mean the top of the door closes (meets the closure point) before the bottom thus making it difficult to impossible to lock (I have to lift the bottom of the door to try and lock) I will have another look tomorrow

Put a spirit level of both doors to see which ones slanting, and put it on the base to see if the runners have dropped in the middle.

I know you said you used an endoscope but there really should be an adjuster screw there.
I assume you could see the wheels? There should be a posi head screw like this:

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?img...c_ZAhWGWsAKHb1QD6MQMwhDKAYwBg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Even 40 year old ali patio doors had the adjusters and yours isn't that old. I have never come across a door without them.
It maybe hidden behind dirt and cobwebs etc. You will need a really long posi screwdriver. Mine is about 400mm long, I dont event look under the door I just feel my way around underneath with the screwdriver until I find it

Thank you all so much for your advice!!

I got myself a REALLY long crossblade screwdriver and admittedly it took about 10 minutes of poking around the bottom right corner of the door I found it!! Door now closing perfectly! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back