How to increase water flow on a mira shower?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to increase the flow/velocity of water coming from my shower. A plumber came round a while back for an unrelated shower issue and said they had decreased the flow rate and did this via the airing cupboard.

GcuCTLWK.jpg

FJCdftHA.jpg

Sponsored Links
It can only be that they have turned down the stop tap, just open that back up by turning anticlockwise until it stops and then turn back 1/4 turn.

Why did they turn it down? Were they trying to increase the temperature? Your shower is a thermostatic electric shower, therefore as the cold water gets colder in the winter it will automatically turn the flow down to try to maintain the temperature, it's how electric showers work.

That shower is able to modulate the water flow and/or the amount of power in use, to match the temperature you set on the dial, so there should be no need to restrict the flow to it. What the 'unrelated issue'?

The water wasn't draining away properly so as a temporary measure they turned the tap down.
I'm guessing the stop tap is the copper pipe?
What does the Whale box control and what is the white tap below the stop tap?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The Whale box will control a pump in the waste pipe. The white fitting below the stop tap is a flow switch to activate it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back