How to introduce x400 to a sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys you must all hate me by now with all my stupid boring questions :cry:

Anyway here goes again (sorry)

Spoke to my plumber mate again today about when he can do my boiler swap. He said I could do him a favour and put some x400 in the system before he flushes it next weekend no problem I said

So I look around and will probably get some from plumb centre tomorrow however how do you get the damn stuff into a sealed system ?

From what I have read a litre will suffice but I have no filling loop as such on my old system somebody has just connected up the cold main to central heating return to top up the boiler using a stop cock in sweated joints so I can't introduce there

If I take off a rad and drain it down can't figure out how to pour it in the rad and connect it up again without it all coming out again.

Looked at the rapid dose which says you can squirt it in via the bleed nipple but does it come with the adaptor and hose to connect it to the can or is it an extra and is it more concentrated or do I need more cans ?

as always forever in your debt :D

Sponsored Links
Get a filling kit from Screwfix (£3.50) then take out the radiator bung at the opposite end to the bleed screw and screw it in.

Sponsored Links
as it's a boiler swap anyway, wouldn't X800 be more effective? X400 can take a good couple of weeks to do a decent job

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back