How to join our new loft extension's wall to already built loft extension at neighbours' in a terrac

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My question is how to join our new loft extension's wall structurally to already built extension at neighbours' in a terraced property (joining walls between two dormers on inside and outside)?

There are no brick parapet walls, just roof itself and chimney in the middle. Our neighbour's extension has slate finish on side. Shall I leave neighbour's slate tiles and construct timber frame wall with insulation, plasterboard and plywood on external side with no slates, obviously I will not have any access to install slates there... and then secure roof by applying watertight material under felt such as mastic, bonding materials etc. or maybe I should have a brick wall with insulation directly on a party wall next to slated neighbour's wall and timber frame wall at rear of my house and timber one on another side of extension? My neighbour has a felt roof and I would like it to be also made of felt. I want loft extension to be directly next to neighbour's side wall to have a continuous line. I will appreciate for your help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back