How to join up old DPM to new DPC.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I get your thoughts? Two years ago, a contractor completed phase 1 of my renovation, creating a passage to an annex. This resulted with a 7cm step down. I now plan to raise the floor level but noticed efflorescence on the concrete at the patio doors.

Can I use a Bituthene layer to close the gap between the new DPC and floor, replacing CLS with engineering brick? The annex is 55m2, and I'm hesitant about doing a whole new DPM under the screed as there are no issues anywhere else. Someone mentioned an exterior impermeable concrete plinth barrier as an alternative along the doors.

Builders removed Aco drains during construction, so I will reinstate those but due to ground level outside I don’t think that’ll be enough. Diagram attached along with a photo during the construction and how it is now (black doors).

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_6059.png
    IMG_6059.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    550.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6062.jpeg
    IMG_6062.jpeg
    218.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 14.00.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-27 at 14.00.15.png
    165.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back