how to level a bathroom wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My bathroom floor runs off and was wondering the best way to level the floor. Its a wooden floor with floor boards not plywood etc. Its an old house and most of the floors run off a bit.

From the bathroom door to the edge of the bath is only 800mm but the floor slopes about 20mm until the edge of the bath. I dont want to remove the bath and level the floor underneath the bath it was installed level.

What would be the best way of levelling this between the door and the edge of the bath? i thought about lifting the floorboards and inserting different height packers or shims screwed to the joists to bring it level.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stuart

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to lift the floor - do you intend to lay a new covering?
Partially lifting a bathroom floor of T&G boards is a difficult task for a DIY'er.
Consider the other fixtures (besides the bath) in the bathroom eg. WC, ped basin, bath panel, door, rad.
Follow the Similar Threads below there's lots of info there.

I am having a new toilet and whb installed so i thought it would be an ideal time to lift the floor while the old ones are took out and level it

If the floor is solid and doesn't bounce or creak then you could prime it with say SBR and then pour some SLC.
Tack down a strip of 1x wood to act as a dam, and perhaps feather to nothing at the high side.

Some SLC's can be bulked up with sand if required, and depending on whats going on top?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back