How to level stepped plasterboard?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an area above a door where the plasterboard is stepped because the stud framing was off. Can I just apply bonding over the shaded bit to level it ready it for skimming? Also , do I need to prepare the joins and edge at the ceiling with mesh tape or paper tape or can I just put bonding over it? (I probably won’t skim it myself)

Attachments

• 68CE63DA-D4EE-430B-A664-4FCC0FAAB756.jpeg
    68CE63DA-D4EE-430B-A664-4FCC0FAAB756.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
Why not take off the boards and put packers at the back to bring to correct level.

Why not take off the boards and put packers at the back to bring to correct level.
That sound more difficult than applying bonding…what kind of packers and how would i pack the angled timber? Would using bonding cause problems?

That sound more difficult than applying bonding…what kind of packers and how would i pack the angled timber? Would using bonding cause problems?

Those three pieces need to be removed, the studs made perfectly level, then a new piece of PB fixed in place. Failing that, make some timber packers, trimmed to size/thickness.

Sponsored Links
Those three pieces need to be removed, the studs made perfectly level, then a new piece of PB fixed in place. Failing that, make some timber packers, trimmed to size/thickness.
What would happen if I used bonding to level this area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back