How To Make Pan and Tilt Bracket. Anyone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys.

This is a follow up to my first post regarding camera mounting on a metal plate.

I'd like to make my bracket pan and tilt. But before I start, I'd like to hear your feedback, tips and tricks on how you'd achieve this.

I've attached 2 diagrams. Pardon the lack of artistry! Ahem.

The drawn diagram shows how I'd like to mount a bracket on to the metal base plate.
The PAN screw will be attached to the metal base plate for x-axis rotation.
The TILT knob will 'some how' be attached to enable y-axis rotation.

The 2nd picture is to clarify my plan because it needs it!

I'll buy any brackets from my hardware store.

I have no idea on what to buy and how to attach these pieces to achieve this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If you're still confused, please ask me questions so I could confuse you some more!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you're still confused, please ask me questions ]
Yep still confused.I'm at a loss as to why you want a pan and tilt bracket on a mounting shown in your youtube link :confused:
However, assuming you are making your plate to fix to something immoveable and want to be able to move the camera independantly probably the easiest option is a ready made head- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Joby-Ballhead...cessories_TripodsSupports&hash=item35adbea9d3
Or alternatively an old tripod that could be canibisied?
Try a search on this forum too- http://forum.manualfocus.org//index.php
there are so many people on there with a mind to cobble together anything photographic and they're all so friendly too.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back