how to make your own website

Sponsored Links
i use front page, its a wisywig programme

in short what you see is what you get

oh and ideally you need a host

for example if you are going to make a website for somr##ething other than pleaseure / amusement it doesnt look good if its say

diy/yourserviceproveider.

like the owner of this site has diynot.com, it looks better than

diynot/yourserviceprovider

if it is for fun then guess what, most service providers give you some webspace.

i made a website for my other half, mostly so she could have an email like hername@hername

I prefer dreamweaver. Also you will need something to edit your images and some knowledge of HTML tag always helpful.

Nowadays it also depends on what you want to use your website for. An good (and most times free) alternative is to start a blog.

Blogger is free, I use typepad myself (small fee).

both give you a presence on the web, you can write a post every day, every week or whenever you like on the topic you've dedicated the blog to, add pictures, links, etc. You can use it to get a feel for everything, including webdesign, webmarketing etc: find out what works. Not need for a host or account

Sponsored Links
Point of order ! Wood could, Wood should, but she doesn't always ..
Rule 12.5 :D :D :D :D

Full Web Building Tutorials - All Free ! Anygood? Who knows.
http://www.w3schools.com/

Give it a try, then you can report back on your findings.
:D

I learned webdesign with FrontPage during a training course (FREE ! - for women entrepreneurs thanks to Greenwich Enterprise Board) a few years ago.

Once you start it's simple (as many things are once you know them ;))

Why not find out if there are free training courses around in your area?

Empip, wood should advice to her best knowledge and pepper the advice with samples ;)

I reckon that's a bloke pulling our chains... :D

Thanks guys and gals.

The site is for a new business i'm thinking of starting any more hints and tips would be appreciated keep them coming.

Best point to start is to check out the websites of the competition. What words are they using, how are they ranked on the search-engines, do they use Google Ads etc.

Most important issue to concider: make the navigation for your visitors as easy and logical as possible. If they can't find what they're looking for in say 5 - 10 seconds, they leave.

Two more blogs with tips:
http://dmiracle.com/
http://worldwidecreative.typepad.com/heavy_chef/

Being easy to navigate is the key thing, i have several websites, a few in particular i quite often have to direct people to a specific page of it since they cant find find what they are looking for.

That said if they cant find it, i don't want to sell them anything becuase they are too stupid to use it. Seriously. I asked my mates kid to find a specific thing and info relating to that thing (to prove he found it) took him all of 30 seconds.

Yes 30 seconds is a long time, but that was only becuse i wanted him to tell me a specific answer, he spent most of the time reading the page to get the answer.

breezer said:
... I asked my mates kid to find a specific thing and info relating to that thing (to prove he found it) took him all of 30 seconds...
Of course anyone not yet entitled to vote knows how to drive a web site (even if badly designed), wouldn't the real test been to have got your mate to do the test :)

Sponsored Links
Back