How to measure gas-pipework capacity

Thanks guys

Unfortunately the extra cost from having to re-pipe is not £200-300 but min £1000 for the new pipes and then there is the aesthetics damage. If the new pipes were to be hidden completely then the cost would be far higher.

Sounds like I will need to choose the smallest boiler possible if in order to minimise the risk of having to re-do my plumbing. As my old boiler was 24kW i will probably go for the 30Si (also 24kW) though would have preferred one from the CDI ranges but the smallest of these require 26kW.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

Unfortunately the extra cost from having to re-pipe is not £200-300 but min £1000 for the new pipes and then there is the aesthetics damage. If the new pipes were to be hidden completely then the cost would be far higher.

Sounds like I will need to choose the smallest boiler possible if in order to minimise the risk of having to re-do my plumbing. As my old boiler was 24kW i will probably go for the 30Si (also 24kW) though would have preferred one from the CDI ranges but the smallest of these require 26kW.

A £1000 WHY have they said it would be that expensive how far a run is it and whats in the way

Sponsored Links
This is approximately what they have quoted for straightening out some existing pipes and laying the new run which goes through a floor and 2 walls. they have allowed 2 full man days. Don't have the full breakdown of the quote yet. In any case I will go for the smaller boiler so the pipework should not be required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back