how to paint fascia over conservatorys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello theres a customer that wants the outside of his house painting but he has a conservatory with plastic features on top of the conservatory so there is noway i could put a plank across the top? how do you lot all do it i have been thinking and can not think of a way to do it?

thanks carl

Sponsored Links
Access platform/scaffolding. Are you a pro?

Well any pro would know that there isn't - other than a cherry picker that you can rarely get access with.

Sponsored Links
just never come across aythin like that so just wanted to know. did not know you needed to be a pro to know i needed a scaffold.

If roof is poly wotsit ? Last one I did I could lay long ladder with a roof hook which straddled the profiles ok, a bag of sand on bottom of ladder as ballast. ok if you dont mind working @ an angle. any windows you could lean out of..? If its glass roof then either cherry pick or two towers and a 'youngman stage'. I was able to slide the profiles just enough to land a plank on one I did some time ago.

thank you there is a window just the only problem is it is stained now so he wants it rubbing down then undercoating and glossing so there is alot of work on there so think it tomuch work from a window and the ladder. i also thort of 2 towers but 1 side is very narrow so it would not fit down 1 side. i will just tell him he needs a scaffold.

thanks for your help carl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back