How to paint over part flaked paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to paint this bathroom ceiling but i'm not sure whats the best way to go about this, as some old paint has come off, and i'm worried if i paint it, you'll be able to see the lines from where the old paint came away.

Whats the best way of preparing this to avoid any unsightly bulges/dents in paintwork cause by missing paint from previous layer?

thank you kindly.

Sponsored Links
Scrape off the loose stuff and sand down any crispy edges. Prime the bare spots of plaster with emulsion watered down by around 25%, or after scraping apply a coat of zinsser gardz or peel stop as these products will bind down the existing paint and prime the bare plaster.
Use a powder filler from toupret like tx110, cachet bleau or blanc to skim over the stripped areas, sand flush, prime the filler and two coats of finish of your choice, i'd recommend acrylic eggshell fro a bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back