How to paint "plastic" brick floor surrounding ind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are upgrading an internal swimming pool and want to paint over existing "plastic" bricks surrounding the pool. Does anyone have any advice about what products to use? The paint needs to grip to the surface (with primer), be durable, waterproof and not chip. Because the brick is "plastic" we are concerned about using a normal exterior paint or floor paint. Can anyone help us with advice?[/b]

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure what the best paint to use would be- I am guessing that it will probably need to be a two part epoxy paint. Standard oil based paints will fail if they spend too much time in water esp chlorinated water.

I guess that you might also need a self etching primer to provide a sufficient key.

Unless others can come up with a suitable product you might want to start here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...uWswakuuWhCA&ved=0CBcQpwU&fp=fbfeb01064093e3f

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back