How to protect painted brick floor??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we have a small section of brick floor (base of chimney really) that we have painted white. Because our children play on this painted brick floor, it has become stained and even slightly chipped. I would love to apply some kind of clear varnish on top which would protect the paint and allow us to easily wipe the painted brick clean. Any idea on what kind of varnish (or other product) I could use? The paint is a standard B&Q brand masonry paint (matt, I believe).

Thanks for your time! All the best.

Sponsored Links
Varnishing over already painted surfaces could give them a yellow tinge. You could try and paint the surface with a Pliolite based masonry paint, this is like an oil based paint and would be thinned with white spirit, but is much more durable. Some of them have a sheen aswell which is up to wiping over if they get finger marks on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back