How to pipe a heat leak rad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hoping someone on here can help me out with this?
Iv just moved to a house which was on bottled gas heating,i have ripped the boiler and radiators out in favour of 'a' rated electrical rads. I now have a big hole in the fireplace where the boiler was and am going to fit a wood burning stove. The stove I have ordered is a yeoman Devon with 'clip' in 2.7kw boiler to supply my indirect hot water tank. The problem I have is that I was told I would need to fit a heat leak radiator to prevent localised boiling in the system. I want to utilise the existing tank to link in the radiator, but for love nor money can anyone tell me how to do this! All diagrams I have found thus far incorporate supplying a full heating circuit as well as a heat leak. I don't have any rads in the house, I just want to heat my hot water whilst the stove is on!!?? The existing tank has a motorised 3 port valve, pump and cold feed and vent on the circuit coming from and in to the coil in the tank. What I want advice on is can I use the existing pump/3port valve and tee the heat leak rad off of this, or do I need a two port valve and pump linked to a high temp pipe stat, if so how is this piped?? Any help will be massively appreciated as I have being scratching my head for a week now!
Many thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back