How to Plug Hole in Cisern Syphon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The disc in the side of my cistern syphon has popped out and is lost. I am now getting virtually no flush on the toilet and I need to plug the hole in the side of the syphon to stop it drawing air and stopping the flush.

Any suggestions on how to do this short of buying a new syphon just to get the small plug? I cannot even see one that will fit so I would need to change the whole syphon. I can make a plastic cover disc to stick on over the hole but I am not sure what adhesives work in water.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ben

Sponsored Links
You need to tie up ball valve or turn off water supply.

Flush and allow to dry.

Then use a small plastic disk cut to fit and "glue" it in place with bath silicone sealant or if buying LSX leak sealer.

Allow to dry overnight then it should work.

The old plug may well be under the siphon and an "L" shaped coathanger may tempt it to come out.

Tony

You need to tie up ball valve or turn off water supply.

The old plug may well be under the siphon and an "L" shaped coathanger may tempt it to come out.

Tony

Be careful not rip the plastic flap on the plunger this keeps the seal to allow siphonage.

Could try blue tac? Lol

BluTac does not harden and would not withstand the pressure on it.

I think I may have used a 5p piece for one of those but it needs to be the size to stay on the flange.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back