How to plug/wire in LED strip in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I want to replace a floresent tube light for LED strip. The type youd get from bnq ect.

Please see attached photo of current set up.

The tube light has a switch on its own body. And wired into what you can see in the background.

How should i go about getting LEDs into this set up.

Im ASSUMING i can swap the round connection plate for a single plug socket and use the plug that comes with the LED i to this. Fused through the plug, and switched with.. the switch.

Not sure were this box is getting its electric from.. does it even matter?

I know LEDs use low energy and dont want to over power it.

Any and all help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Pictures.

Attachments

• PXL_20210717_134414594.jpg
    PXL_20210717_134414594.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 65
  • PXL_20210717_134406997.jpg
    PXL_20210717_134406997.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 64
You are over thinking this. All you need is to buy a suitable under cupboard light, like this

The light comes with a connecting lead. Simply disconnect the lead from the connecting plate (that’s the white thing with the hole in it) and wire in the new light. You don’t need a plug, you don’t need a socket.

The new LED light will pull a tenth of the power that the existing one goes, so you won’t over load anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back