How to put a newel post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon guys!

I am a new member so please be patient with me! :LOL:

I would like to know how I should go about putting a newel post on my staircase so I can put a hand rail and some spindles.

I have uploaded some pictures in a album format. I've named it bottom of stairs.

I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Welcome but may I suggest for the best possible info you re-post this in the FLOORS,STAIRS and LOFTS section.

Also, try to get the pictures posted in the topic (see the guide)

B

Go into your album and click on each picture. Above it is a code to paste into your post that inserts the image. It mentions the word NET in square brackets:

For example

Just click on show my images and click each photo you would like to appear, simple as that.

Sponsored Links
You could simply screw the newel to the base at the side , you will then need to increase the thickness of the edge to accommodate the base rail which holds the spindles.[A halving joint may be required which will allow you to get the post central to the edge of the stairs.]Really depends on the dimension of what you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back