Fixing newel post and spindles to Landing - hardware?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok guys.

Im shortly going to be removing some boarding out from the side and top of these stairs (in the picture is the stud wall on the landing at the top of the stairs... - end terrace property)

The idea is to open the top of the stairs up and I will be installing a newel post and some spindles.

landing.jpg

Im struggling to find the best fixing method to use for the newel post here as a past stair kit I fitted was complete with all fixings and I cant find any seperate fix kits?.

What do you think is the best hardware to use here please? (that I can get quickly!) The newel is from screwfix as are the 41mm spindles however unfortunately they do not sell any newel fixing pins or bracket kits...

As for the spindles, Im sure I got a spindle fixing kit in the past with a stairs kit...?
I realise I could just screw them in but am looking for other suggestions....

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back