Spindle spacing on stairs and landing

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got to fit new spindles to existing handrails and then along a landing. I know how to go about working out the spacing on the stairs but my confusion is how do I continue this spacing along the landing without leaving an odd gap at the very last newel post?

Am I supposed to figure it out for the stairs and landing separately then meet a spacing somewhere in the middle?

Any help would be awesome

Sponsored Links
Unless you are lucky the spacing will be different, aim for 90 -99 mm spacing and choose the best compromise, only you will know if the spacing is a few mm different.You can fit a spindle tight to a post if it helps get the correct spacing.

awesome thanks for the help thats what i'll do. Theres a few turns in the landing and also on the stairs so essentially I've got to calculate about 5 'runs'

is the plan to calculate all of these before starting and adjust them all so they are as close to the same as possible?

As said above, 90-99 mm so say 95mm could you tell the difference 5mm in either direction by eye?
Start at a centre if you can and work each way

Sponsored Links
awesome thanks for the help thats what i'll do. Theres a few turns in the landing and also on the stairs so essentially I've got to calculate about 5 'runs'

is the plan to calculate all of these before starting and adjust them all so they are as close to the same as possible?
yep you've got it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back