stair spindles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help ?
I am attempting to fit new stair spindles, the landing opening is 1mtr 75mm, the stair opening is 2mtrs 42 cms.
How do I know where to put the 1st and last one ? and the required distance between each spindle ?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
tell me the exact size of the spindle and when cut to the correct angle or the angle your stair are
and the exact length off each handrail/string and i will work it out about 1hr later ;)

Sponsored Links
Its actually pretty easy, you don't need to know the angle either just the size of the spindles.

You basically cut all the spindles (2 per tread) to length and put them in dry, up against each other. Measure the remaining space left horizontally and divide that by the number of spaces (1 more than the number of spindles). The space between spindles needs to be less than 100mm. If its a horizontal run you can cut the infill strip to that length, if its a diagonal/angled run fix a spindle in place at that distance away from the post and hold the infill up to it and mark the length. Theres a pic on that site showing how to cut all the infills at the same length.
Hope that helps :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back