How to re-pressurize Ideal Isar boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Ideal-Isar combi boiler. Radiators at the first floor are hot at the bottom 1/4 part but very cold above that bit. After reading somewhere I checked the pressure at the boiler and it is nearly 0. I have never increased the pressure myself so confused how to do it and the manual does not explain it.

Please see a picture of the boiler below as well as the diagram from the manual. Will someone know which screw I'm supposed to open to re-pressurize the boiler?

Thanks in advance.
Neeraj

View media item 51054
View media item 51055

Sponsored Links
That silver flexi hose is what you are after. The valve its connected to on the left will have a slotted screw on the body. Using a flat bladed screwdriver, turn it 1/4 turn and increase the pressure. Once you have ~1 bar pressure, turn the valve 1/4 turn back so its sitting across ways.

Hi

The flexi to the right of your pic is for repressurising the boiler but the picture detail dosn't show what type is used.

HTH

Sponsored Links
Thank you all, this is very helpful.

I have taken a closeup of the pipes. Am I supposed to be turning the top or the bottom screw. I have circled both the screws here.

View media item 51063

Thank you. I finally found the screw you kindly pointed.

However, I think I have created a bit of problem. Because of the tight space I could not close the screw back in time and the pressure now reads little over 2 (boiler is switched off). How do I bring it back now?

Thanks again

2bar should be ok as long as your expansion vessel is ok.

If you do want to drop the pressure a bit there is a drain tap just above the fill valve on the far right pipe. The grey round knob with the little spout poking out. Hold a cup under it and turn anti clockwise :!: dont turn it too far though :!: just a couple of turns till water runs.

Thank you all. I did actually bled the radiators upstairs and pressure is now down to around 1 and radiators are heating properly. Good learning for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back