Ideal isar combi boiler lukewarm water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have an Ideal isar combi boiler in my flat which it about 3 and a half years old. I turned the radiators on for the first time a couple of nights ago and there was an awful lot of gurgling and one did't work. Over the last few days I've noticed the water temp in the shower has dropped. When I checked the boiler the pressure gauge was on zero so the system was re-pressurized and radiators bleed today but just has a shower and has temp dial up to 55 and the water was lukewarm at best. Ant ideas greatly appreciated!! :idea:

Sponsored Links
Blocked plate HE if the system is now properly pressurised and running

Its an Ideal Isar load of carp. Have it ripped out and replaced with a decent boiler. :D :D
Or get a reputable guy round to descale the HEX

Sponsored Links
Had someone round and they're replacing probe??! I just want hot water. Thanks for your help!

If it was the dhw thermistor/ntc, you would be getting a H3 code. Don't pay anything until you are more than satisified it has been fixed.

have you checked if the diverter has stuck very common fault. That would give you reduced hot water as some will be going down heating side.

Get them to check the DV as havit says first, or you can.

When running a hot tap, feel flow pipe under boiler (left hand 22mm) if it gets warm/hot then the DV needs replacing.

If flow remains cold, then plate needs cleaning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back