ideal Isar prob (join the queue)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

Unfortunately, i have an Ideal Isar (m3-something?). Over the past week or so the hot water has been only lukewarm. I have turned the control up on the fascia but no joy.

I have noticed that when the hot water is running the central heating pipe on the left hand side (with the pressure gauge) ? flow is getting really hot. Too hot to touch.

Someone mentioned that this will be the diverter valve which along with other things is prone to failing on this boiler. I can see this (honeywell) and have changed a diverter on our previous combi (come back!!). Is it easy enough to do and what parts do i need to order.

Thanks for any advice

Jack

Sponsored Links
Sounds to me like the diverter is passing. Usually the result of dirty system water. But then again its an Ideal and the diverter will pass if anyone so much as farts near it....

You'll need a new diverter head and cartridge. Don't turn off the isolation valves other than the cold supply. Open hot water tap. Drain down point is on heating pipe on right hand side.

Don't forget to turn off the electrics. Cover the pcb with plastic, then cover it with towels. A drop of water on it and it will die. little tab at the back of the diverter head and it will then twist off.

Good luck

Drop the metal strengthening plate under the boiler first to gain better access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back