Ideal Isar Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water pressure on my Ideal Isar boiler (2 years old) has gone down to under bar 1. Instruction booklet tells me to increase pressure by filling the Filling Loop (this is not marked on the diagrams) it says if you can't find then contact installer. Anyone got any idea what I can do rather than calling out a plummer?

Sponsored Links
I have same boiler. Filling loop is a flexible braided pipe connected between cold water supply and the central heating return pipe on your boiler. Sometimes it is left in place connected, some remove it and re-connect it to top up the system. Once the flexible pipe is connected you open the small tap on the connector to let water into the system and close it when the pressure has reached 1 bar. If pressure is dropping considerably there may be other problems.

As you have lost some pressure also take note of the pressure reading when the central heating is on. It should be about 2 to 2 1/2 bar maximum. Mine had a problem with the expansion vessel the pressure would go up to 3 bar which should not happen. Mine was initialy losing some pressure and the boiler was only 18 months old, i had to fit a new expansion vessel myself. These boilers have a very poor reputation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back