Ideal isar he24 leak problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal isar he24 boiler, pressure had dropped a bit so I used the filling loop to repressurise , took it to 1.5bar. restarted it and after about 5 minutes notice it dripping ,coming out at the bottom.
I took off the tray at the bottom and it seems to be coming from behind the pump.
Can anyone tell me what is the problem, first time it has done this, but then there is a first time for everything.
Alan

Sponsored Links
It could be a few things, including the main heat exchanger, best advice might be to get a gsr engineer to inspect and repair.

Thanks guys, its an old boiler and I know many heating engineers don't rate it so was thinking is it worth getting it repaired or go tbe route of getting a new boiler. Was thinking along the lines of tbe vaillant eco boilers , what do you think?
Thanks
Alan.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, its an old boiler and I know many heating engineers don't rate it so was thinking is it worth getting it repaired or go tbe route of getting a new boiler. Was thinking along the lines of tbe vaillant eco boilers , what do you think?
Thanks
Alan.
Each engr has their prefferred manufacturer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back