How to read an EDMI Atlas MK10D Electricity Meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone here have experience in obtaining an up-to-date kwh reading from an EDMI Atlas MK10D meter? I was asked to help someone get a reading as they wanted to record weekly readings from the meter. What I see is that the meter cycles through the date, then the time, then this large number when I use the display select button and the meter is in SetA. I know that I can go into SetB and see voltages and currents of each phase.

The problem I'm having is that this number it displays has never changed over the last two months and electricty is being used.

I had assumed that this value 195746 was the usage, but it never changes.

Anyone know what this value on the display is actually telling me, what the '01' means, and how I could get the live kwh value?

1671459674981.png

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does anyone here have experience in obtaining an up-to-date kwh reading from an EDMI Atlas MK10D meter? I was asked to help someone get a reading as they wanted to record weekly readings from the meter. What I see is that the meter cycles through the date, then the time, then this large number when I use the display select button and the meter is in SetA. I know that I can go into SetB and see voltages and currents of each phase.

The problem I'm having is that this number it displays has never changed over the last two months and electricty is being used.

I had assumed that this value 195746 was the usage, but it never changes.

Anyone know what this value on the display is actually telling me, what the '01' means, and how I could get the live kwh value?

View attachment 289603
It does appear to say kWh. What figures are on your bill? Presumably it increases on each bill. Or are you getting free leccy?
Do you have 3-phase supply? It says - 3 PHASES PRESENT ON METER (that's line 3, not 3 phases) and shows L1 L2 L3
Do you get the R1 indicator, as in the BG video?

This is a meter that's in a rented property that I was asked to help get a reading from. The renter doesn't have access to the bill from the landlord, and the landlord doesn't know either because he leaves it up to his accountant. It's a strange arrangement, but the renter wants to track usage themselves by taking a weekly reading so they can query any excessive bills.

It is a three-phase meter. It doesn't cycle through different displays. But if I press the Display Select button it will display the Date, then another press for the time and then another press for that large number, then back to the date. This is when in setA.

holding the display select button to toggle into setB doesn't help much. I think the data shown in there was the current drawn on each phase, the voltage on each phase, and signal strength.

Reading the manual for this thing suggests that what is displayed is very configurable, but I've not been able to find what this '01' is indicating.

Yes, my first thought, when they said the number never changes, was that it was bypassed, but that's, not the case. It's visibly not bypassed. When there is a load I can see the current drawn when I monitor it in the SetB display.

I can't say that I have seen 'R1' in either SetA or SetB.

It clearly confusing as from a customer's point of view it should just be a matter of reading the value without pressing anything.
1671543415969.png

If the renter is paying the bill they have a legal right to see it. Ask the landlord for a copy to see the latest reading. If the bill is included in the rent dont worry about it.

If none of the suggested ways are working the meter has a faulty display and should be changed.

To change from SET A to SET B display options you must press select button for 2 seconds.
Set B has more active information.

We've cycled through SetA several times, 'R1' isn't a parameter. Only get the '01', Date then Time. As you say, it's not in SetB.

I would love to know what the '01' means, and the E1/E10 Indicators. I do suspect though that we'll need to get a meter reader around to look at it.

We've cycled through SetA several times, 'R1' isn't a parameter. Only get the '01', Date then Time. As you say, it's not in SetB.

I would love to know what the '01' means
I may be wrong but, a quick scour of t'internet suggests that the 'Register' (01, 02, 03 etc.) is confidurable by the supplier - example here from Ausgrid:

Screenshot_20221220-165803_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

They use 'Set A', 'Structure 60', which gives:
01 - Date
02 - Time
03 - Total cumulative kWh consumed

Register 01 could actually be a number of different factors.

E1 and E10 (in the Ausgrid configuration at least), represent 'modem power on' and 'not used':
Screenshot_20221220-172039_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Interesting (for some!) technical info here (6MB download - Mk10D info p.140)

...So, I'm afraid I can't answer your question! - 01 may, or may not be the total cumulative kWh consumed.
The only firm information I know, is that the meter can be reconfigured by the supplier.

You could have a faulty, or misconfigured meter?

Cheers for that pdf. One thing I've noticed is that every document I read suggests that the meter automatically scrolls through each displayable parameter without pressing any buttons including the test display. This meter isn't doing that so I think it's broken or misconfigured. Best we get it looked at.

Hi - I've just come across this. Hopefully it might help

Attachments

• EA_RMM_EDMI-MK10.pdf
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 419

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back