ECONOMY 7 METER READING HELP TO UNDERSTAND

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, would someone be so good as to tell me how to read a meter and what their meanings are please.

The meter itself is a Radio Telemeter Series K, the make is Horstmann, type: K222K03.

I know to press the 'display' button, however, i still cant work out all the numbers what they mean!

I am new to this Economy 7 lark and trying to understand and tweak the heating system.

My pressing annoyance is to firstly understand and make sure that the meter is operating correctly.

On viewing the meter as it is: RATE NOW 1: 02070

1st press of 'display' button RATE NOW: 3: 1675 kw

2nd press of 'display' button RATE NOW RED DATE TIME kw
8888 8:8888 kw
TOTAL NO LOAD

3rd press of 'display' button TIME (i figured this one out) was correct

4th press of 'display' button DATE also correct

I am concerned as have received 1st winter bill as recently moved in., and it seems extremely high. Am curious as to what the 2nd display means!

Furthermore, i understand about the input/output on the storage heaters, however, all 3 of them seems to be at different levels of heating coming out, even though all set the same, or different settings.

Anyone i would be grateful for someone to explain these settings.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Thanks PrenticeBoy, however, my display is not quite like that one you posted the link to, but thanks for your help.

My order of display sequence is as i have posted, tho, i would have to press no 5 display to get back to the beginning.

Anyone else can give me another explanation of my display, will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
1st display is the power you've used during peak times.
2nd display is the power you've used during off peak times.
3rd display just shows the meter is working properly.
4th and 5th displays you've already sussed out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back