How to read this electricity meter?

Sponsored Links
Perhaps they don't know.
Well, as I implied, if they were constanly having to spend time dealing with 'obviously low' customer readings, and also the complaints which resulted from excessive bills as a result of high readings, they surely would have come to realise that was a problem.
Do you think it is actually meter readers who are writing the guidance.
One would think that they would be pretty daft if they had not had some input from meter readers - but the text that they have ended up with suggests that perhaps they were daft!

However, I think the problem with such instructions being written, or checked, by people who are reading meters all the time is that they may be unaware of the 'subconscious common sense' which they are applying when reading meters. As I said/implied before, the crucial thing about the development of 'instructions' of any sort is to 'field test' them on the target population (i.e. in this case, members of the general public with no experience of reading meters) - since that will reveal what problems exist 'in practice'.

Over the years, I've had a fair bit of involvement with the development of 'instructions' and questionnaires etc., and it has very often been the case that, when field testing has been undertaken, Joe Public has shown himself capable of misinterpreting/ misunderstanding things in a way that those who produced the material hadn't even considered!

Kind Regards, John

Lust looking at the two dials to the left it can't be anything other than 30,xxx.

Miss reading our old dial meter, the lcd ones are boring in comparison!.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back