How to reattach bathtub overflow waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've been investigated a leak under my bathtub. It wasn't the cause of the leak but I accidentally knocked it out and it's now completely detached. I'm struggling to reattach it. Could anyone advise urgently? The family bath/shower is completely out of action due to this.

Attachments

• 20230306_212124.jpg
    20230306_212124.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 49
Sponsored Links
It looks like a push fit overflow. Try pushing the pipe further in, the rubber rings should disappear and provide the seal. Can't tell if that brass ring is a nut though, if so loosen and re tighten.

Blup

Unscrew off completely the knurled brass nut. Remove the rubber seal ,put the brass nut on the overflow pipe and then fit the seal onto the pipe ,around 1/2 an inch down. Note the shape of the seal it's tapered and the thin end points towards the fitting.
Push the overflow pipe into the fitting and if need be reposition the seal. Tighten the brass knurled nut onto the fitting.

Sponsored Links
Unscrew off completely the knurled brass nut. Remove the rubber seal ,put the brass nut on the overflow pipe and then fit the seal onto the pipe ,around 1/2 an inch down. Note the shape of the seal it's tapered and the thin end points towards the fitting.
Push the overflow pipe into the fitting and if need be reposition the seal. Tighten the brass knurled nut onto the fitting.

Thank you Terry, this worked perfectly and it feels pretty water tight now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back