How to refill my Boiler?!

Not sure how you'd get it in there easily, the easiest way is to take the bleed valve out of the highest radiator (probably the towel rail) one you've released the pressure and pour it in there before replacing the valve and adding the water.

Sponsored Links
Ah makes sense. So the radiator that i have just added back to the system, which is still isolated at each valve and empty if water would be the ideal candidate.

I am learning lots today. Thanks.

Ah makes sense. So the radiator that i have just added back to the system, which is still isolated at each valve and empty if water would be the ideal candidate.

I am learning lots today. Thanks.
Yes funnel with a short bit of hose on it if the bleed is on the side.
They say the best teachers are those who only just learnt themselves, so treat my advice with common sense just in case!

Sponsored Links
as not all garden taps have double check valves in them , it is imperative that you do not connect a hose directly into your central heating pipework from the garden tap ,unless you are certain that back flow is not possible. if need be fit a double check valve first. I find it hard to believe that the installers have not made provision for topping up pressure ,without you having to go to this bother .think we are all missing something here. how about lots more pictures ?

central heating water /chemicals within in would have a direct connection to the drinking water supply Via the hose and garden tap .

Well, in reality your water pressure will usually be higher than your heating primary especially when cold, and if you prime the hose with water before hand there's even less chance. But still better to protect yourself from back flow!

thanks for the welcome agas, look forward to you winding me up in the future...ha ha

As requested here are more pictures of my boiler room. Can you spot a filling loop?

34427766411_9198bbf09a_k_d.jpg

34557874025_b3a98ad8bd_k_d.jpg

33715306014_85ed856174_k_d.jpg

Looking under my sink it seems that the outside tap does have a check valve, so filling from the hose may be a do-able!

34396525182_96e0fbfb52_k_d.jpg

What is the brass valve just under the lowest blue zone valve ?

Its a flow setter, not what your looking for, any chance of a pic of the hot water cylinder and pipework ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back