Removing radiator for decorating - how to refill with combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm decorating next weekend and need to remove my 2 radiators to paper.

We've refilled radiators on a standard system before but can't seem to find clear information on refilling a combi- do I really need to drain the whole system if simply replacing the same radiators? Or can I just refill them in order before opening them back to the system? Seems to me that would result in the same pressures?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Close valves, both sides, and remove radiators (which will be full of water). Refit radiators, open valves, repressurise system and bleed rads. Check and top up system pressure as necessary.

So, essentially the same as the old style system then? Do I not need to worry about the 2 radiators worth of air that's entering the system or does that dissipate on the refill and subsequent bleeding?

The air doesn't enter the system on removal as you turn of the valves which isolates the rads. Once connected again you bleed the rads which lets out the air at that point. No air enters the system if done this way.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back