how to relate temp in room with radiator without TRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Idiot question coming, sorry
I live in a flat with thermostat in hall. Tiny bedroom 2 has a large radiator with no TRV. This room gets too hot when heating on , much more than rest of flat. I understand that radiators without TRV is a mandatory thing, but how can you regulate temp on that room?
If I turn the thermostat down, the rest of the flat is then too cold.Thanks for advice.

Sponsored Links
Is there a radiator in the hall? You are right one radiator must be left with no trv. This should be the radiator in the same area as the room thermostat. If there is no radiator in the hall, you should look at relocating the room stat to a more suitable location. (Or you could get a small radiator installed in the hall, this would then be the 'always open' radiator. You could then put a trv on the bedroom radiator

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back