How to remove a Drayton actuator from the valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Mid Position Valve has been playing up for years.. But a little tap, jet of air, or some lube seems to sort it.

This year its failing more often than working, so its time to change it.. I have sourced a new value and was surprised to see that it had a black button on the side of the actuator, which releases a clip at the back where it can easily be removed.

However, I don't have the same on the old valve and have no idea how to remove the actuator.. Because its installed pointing into the depths of the airing cupboard so its not easy to get a close look.. So does anyone know how to remove it?

I have attached a photo of the rear.

The part number from the original is 679H340-30L0.. I really hope the new MA1/679-3 I bought will fit it.. I assume so, but am having doubts now.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jon

Attachments

• CIMG0130 small.JPG
    CIMG0130 small.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 282
Sponsored Links
head is fixed on your model,better changing valve as spindle on old one gets stiff and thats what causes the problems

At nearly twenty years old i would have changed the whole thing. Dont think you can change the heads anyway.

Sponsored Links
those two heads are not interchangeable you need a complete valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back