How to remove a Hoover Performa 1100 top?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've just recently acquired a Hoover Performa 1100.

Can anyboby tell me how to remove the top? I've unscrewed the three back screws, as I have took the back trim off it looks like the top is just a piece of white backed chipboard, should this chipboard top just slide out? if so this ones seems very tight? :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance. Jim Curtis

Sponsored Links
If it's got damp at all it will have swollen, nightmare to get off. Thin screwdrivers in the front edge at the corners and take care to minimise damage to the plastic front.

Thanks for that Sleepyhead, I think it has swollen, but now I know it does come off I will try again, the reason for taking it off is to check the condenser, as I'm a composer not a appliance engineer what should I be looking for and if blocked is it easy to repair?

Thanks in advance Jim Curtis

I've answered this on your other post.
Actually easier for me if you keep all the questions on the one post. Saves me typing the same thing over and over. :p

Sponsored Links
Yep just seen it Sleepyhead, thanks, but I'm new to forums and obviously I want as much feedback as I can get because I don't know who is going to reply. Reply's from some people are like giving driving instructions, it's easy if you know it but double dutch if you don't!
I know how to compose music but you could write on a stamp what I know about washing machines, I've had all my questions answered bar one!

1. Is a condenser easy to unblock if blocked?

Thanks in advance Jim Curtis.

Yes libby lou lou,

Sleepyhead has given me instructions, I'm going to give it a try and post back my results for anyone interested, that might have a similar problem!

Regards Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back