How to remove and replace kitchen unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm new here. I need to replace a cooker hood. The electric cable needs to pass behind an existing unit to reach the socket. My question is how to remove the unit whilst I thread the cable or at least find where it goes. The unit seems to be fixed with two white blocks - one in each of the top corners. There is a forward facing screw and a downward facing screw. Which one do I undo?
Thanks for any help this wet bank holiday Monday.

Sponsored Links
I'm new here. I need to replace a cooker hood. The electric cable needs to pass behind an existing unit to reach the socket. My question is how to remove the unit whilst I thread the cable or at least find where it goes. The unit seems to be fixed with two white blocks - one in each of the top corners. There is a forward facing screw and a downward facing screw. Which one do I undo?
Thanks for any help this wet bank holiday Monday.

On most kitchen cupboards with the white blocks both screws will have to be loosened (Not removed), as you do you should be able to unhook the cupboard from the brackets that hold it behind. When you replace the cupboard ensure the hooks are on the brackets, and then retighten/adjust the screws until cupboard is tight against the wall. These screws are used as adjustment to pull the cupboard towards the wall.[/u]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back