Kitchen wall mounted cabinets - Cables in wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting Wren wall cabinets and noticed the mounting fixings are in the top corners. If I find that there are cables in the wall where the screws would need to go - how do I get over the problem. The base units wouldn't be a problem as the fixings can be moved along but I don't see a way to do same for the wall ones. As I cannot move the cables is there a solution - please.

Sponsored Links
Change to a long wall mounting rail instead of individual brackets, and put you screws where there isn't a cable (long rails can have multiple screws). One rail can also support several cabinets, although it will be necessary to notch the (unseen) rear of the cabinet to accommodate this type of rail. Loads of people sell these

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply. Do you then dispense with the whole fitting device supplied by Wren. Do you fit one bracket to the wall and a similar one (but reversed) to the back of cupboard or do you buy separate brackets.

Last edited:
The long rail replaces the two short brackets supplied per cabinet (so one long rail can run across the backs of several cabinets). The hanging devices in each corner if the cabinet(s) hook over the rail (these have height adjustment built in). No need for a second rail

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Many thanks. I assume then that I could buy and get it quicker off Amazon if they are universal size.

30yr. old build. Solid floors on ground floor with cables fed from upper floor down and back up again. Ring main not lower and upper but East and West

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back