How to remove Benchmarx kitchen drawer?

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2 years ago my builder fitted a kitchen, and I asked for a 90cm space for a range cooker.
Today, we finally got the range cooker after saving for 2 years!
AO arrived, measured, said it won't fit. The gap is 89.6cm and it needs 10mm either side.
Still no cooker.

I am hoping that by lifting the worktops and moving them sideways so flush with the end panel, I can get enough space. The fridge has over 10mm on the right side, and the left end of left worktop has nothing blocking it. We have vinyl flooring cut around the units, so don't want to move the whole unit sideways.

I've unscrewed part of the worktop, seems the only sealant is the silicon between worktop and wall. But I cannot work out how to remove the drawer to get to the other screws.

Any tips?

IMG_20200720_165257790.jpg
IMG_20200720_165255227.jpg

Also, AO told me they cannot fit without a splashback in place - but totally failed to tell me this twice on the phone when arranging the delivery, even though I am buying the splashback from them, and they phoned to tell me delivery was delayed!

Sponsored Links
Pull the drawer out and take a pic of the runner and post it on here , normally there's a little catch at the end of the runner you flick up or down to release it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back